What We Do
Jubilee Soup Kitchen started as a place where a person in need could get a hot meal every day. We are proud to say that our services have expanded over the past 35 years and now include a wide range of support programs. Many of these programs are on-site at our facility on 5th Avenue, but we have also initiated programs in the greater community.
Services on-site at Jubilee Soup Kitchen:
- Referrals are made to other health providers
- John Heinz Child Development Center
- Job Corner / Employment Center
- Clothing Room
- Showers available -Monday through Friday, from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Help in completing an application for Food Stamps provided by the Department of Welfare; Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. Applications can only be done at Jubilee Soup Kitchen.
- Referrals to other Services.
Services in the Community:
Food Pantry – Located in Polish Hill, the pantry offers food to homebound and elderly seniors twice a month. Walk-ins from area code 15219 are served twice a month.
Allegheny County Jail Visitations – We provide personal care items to people in the Allegheny County Jail